Saturday, May 17, 2008

Lunch with friends

Once a year some of my high school friends and I try to have lunch together. This is quite a big thing. Three of us live in the Valley, one in Farmington, and one in Logan. We usually try to meet in Ogden. We figure that is half way. The problem arises first in finding a date that fits all schedules. That in itself is no easy task. We have all grown into incredibly busy people. The real fun comes in driving and finding the way. I will be the first to say I am not a good direction person. Unfortunately, the others are just as bad. But it ends up fun anyway. We usually end up taking an unexpected tour of the city of Ogden.
It is very interesting that someone can go a whole year without seeing someone, but when you get together with true friends the years drop away. You find yourself falling into step with your friendship once more.
So here is to old, true friends. I am grateful to have them.

2 comments:

Jen said...

How fun to keep up with old friends. I can just imagine you girls laughing and giggling all through lunch!

Sarah E said...

Mom it's lookin' good. I love all those old pictures of you. I wanted to let you know though that we have a non-fancy computer monitor. It's not wide screen like yours and so your blog actually runs off the edge of the monitor. :( I forgot to tell you last night how impressed I was with you for just diving in and editing your own HTML. I think I inherited my jump-right-in-and-figure-it-out thing from you. Love ya.