Monday, May 19, 2008

An honor and surprise

This morning when I got to work there was a letter for me on my desk. I have to admit that my first thought was "What now"? After opening the letter I had to read it three times before it sunk in. I had been nominated and awarded for the Outstanding Classified Employee of the year. I think I still am having a hard time believing it. I will be receiving the award next Tuesday evening at a districit board meeting. The award also includes $1000.00. Although Rob reminds me that is before taxes. I don't care, I feel deeply honored. I told my boss that it was really something that I do something that I enjoy, plus receive recognition for it! This is definatly a journal entry.

6 comments:

Ryan's Repository said...

Sarah emailed me at work about this. Congratulations, that is fantastic news. I can't think of anyone who deserves it more. What are you going to do with your award money.....new exciting laptop accessories?

Sarah E said...

Yay mom! I am so so so so proud of you. You deserve it. I've seen all of the after-work hours that you put into your job. Your hard work sure paid off!

Melissa said...

Congratulations Glenna. It is awesome that you are being recognized for the great work that you do and love. I also love your new look. On the frabbish side, I created the banner with elements from shabby princess and a few other images I found here and there. The bamboo wood background and the green inner back ground I found as is and the side bamboo background I made. It's really fun to play around with.

Carolyn said...

What a fabulous surprise! Congratulations! I'm sure you deserve every bit of recognition.

Your blog is looking ultra fabulous also. Good stuff!

Jen said...

Woo Hoo! I wish I could insert sound bites into my comments 'cuz I'd have applauding inserted here.

And a $ prize! Before or after tax that's a fun reward. A girl's gotta have a little mad money......

April (Thorup) Oaks said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! This is SUCH an exciting huge honor! Good for you!