Sunday, May 4, 2008

Handy Man




This handsome man is my sweetheart Robert. Now Robert is a rare breed of man. He is
an excelent fixer-upper. I learned early in my marriage that he can do anything. And when he does it, he does it very well. He has the ability to see how things will fit together and what you need to do to make it work. This is a very handy thing indeed. When we first married he would want to do done some specialized home project. He assured me that he was capable and had done something simular several times before. I was leary but said "Ok go ahead and do it." It wasn't until later that I would find out that the project was something that he had never before attempted. Needless to say I learned that I should just trust him. And over the years he has turned our home into a beautiful place to live. I feel blessed to have such a luxury in my life.
HOWEVER, we have found that as a working team we are more like Laurel and Hardy than the team on the TV show Home Time. I know I frustrate him so very much. I do not have the ability to see the finished project. I only follow directions. And the directions have to be very concrete and direct. Now this is a problem when the person doing the directing is making up the rules as he goes along. When you are figuring out how things will work you don't always know what is going to work best. Having a helper such as I, often ends up to be a handicap. More than I like to admit I end up more of a hinderence than help. Then the tension gets high and the voices raised a decimal or two. When I actually do get it he is so thrilled. Most of the time I end up just keeping him company. That seems to be the best help.
Sorry Rob!!







No comments: