Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Tagging business




Ok, so I got "Tagged". I think this falls into the same category as chain letters! And I am not so good at those. Melissa got me. So here goes my categories.

3 Joys

  1. Spending time with my family. I love family get togethers with the grand kids and my husband Robert. I love it when he is on vacation and can truly relax and be silly and fun. From motorcycle rides with Rob, to hanging out at home, to vacations together-my family is my fav.
  2. Having a clean and sparkling house. To me one of the best things in the world is to relax in a home that smells and looks as if it has just been cleaned.
  3. Singing with the Choir. It is a natural high to sing with people that are great musicians. To be able to figure out a difficult song and remember all the elements that I need to do is a great feeling.

3 Fears

  1. I don't know if it is a fear, but I know I really have anxiety about being in social situations with a large group of people. There is no way that I would go shopping in the early morning after Thanksgiving Day!
  2. Change. Change in my daily life routine is very difficult for me. I can do it but do not like to do it. Funny thing is I thrive on challenges but hate change that happens to me.
  3. The unknown. I like to know what is going to happen and why. Being in limbo is an uncomfortable place to be. I have to speculate and figure out all scenarios that could be possible. Drives Rob crazy!

3 Goals

  1. I want to gain more knowledge about technology. Especially in the area of teaching my students with.assistive technology. I would love to figure out a way to assist the students to be able to respond and navigate through their world.
  2. I want to remember to enjoy each day as it comes. I want to grab all the joy and experiences around me. I want to better appreciate my fellow earth travelers as they are, instead of wishing they were something I want them to be.
  3. I want to keep the Spirit of Christ with me more often. I forget to rely on the Lord unless I am feeling stressed. I think it is important to keep my heart softened to the direction that the Lord may want me to go.

3 Obsessions/current collections

  1. My laptop computer is one of my favorite obsessions. I love to scrapbook, create digital projects (powerpoint), and of course online research and shopping. The laptop is cool because it moves with me!
  2. My ipod. I love to put music, video, pictures, and audio books on my ipod. I never thought I would like this toy so much. But I do.
  3. My love for making jewelry has slowed a little but hasn't gone away. I love stones, glass, silver making, and soldering. For me it is relaxing and satisfying.

3 Random facts

  1. I hate the wind when it blows really hard. I don't like the sound of it banging on the houses or the trees bending way over. I love the gentle breezes, but the hard wind is no good.
  2. I love the oceans and lakes, but I don't care for boat rides. I especially don't like to go fast in small boats. The sound of the water slapping on the bottom of the boat freaks me out. I always think that the boat will be torn apart.
  3. I love to smell the ocean. I love to sit on the sand and watch the waves roll in. It calms me. When I imagine a safe place to meditate, it is on an ocean beach. There is a breeze and the air has a slight chill. I can almost smell the sea now.

Since I am so un world bloggy I really don't have anyone I feel comfortable in tagging. So I will do the same as I do with chain letters-I won't pass it on. But at least I responded to the challenge.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I enjoyed reading your responses. Thank you for taking on the challenge. I felt much the same way as you when Jill tagged me, but it was interesting to consider the questions and my replies.

Carolyn said...

I'm glad you did your tag because it was fun to read about you! I'm getting so much more sentimental in my old age... but I have such cool people I get to call family! Love ya Aunt Glenna!