Sunday, August 3, 2008

No I have not moved away forever


This is Sam. Sam is my great big black cat. As you can see Sam knows how to enjoy life. He finds a cool place to put himself and just hangs out. I am trying to learn from Sam. This summer I have tried to just hang out and not sweat the small stuff.

No I have not dropped off the face of the Earth. I am just following my same old same old about journaling. Which is; I haven't been! I just feel that I have nothing of great importance to report. What can my posterity learn about me? That I can putter around the house and be a grandma like the best of them? Seriously, I have been adjusting to having Robert home with me. Suprisingly it has been a fairly easy transition. He is so very happy. That is wonderful. Since my last post I wll list my major events in my life. Don't get very excited-they are few and small.
The 4th of July was a big family day. The girls threw a retirement party for their dad. The grandkids played in the water and had a water balloon fight. My girls brought over some fireworks for the kids to watch. Mom and Jarvis came and we all had a yummy Bar B Que. We did get anxious and lite the fireworks before it got really dark. The kids were getting tired and wouldn't have made it without going crazy! I have a great family.
The second week of July Rob and I went camping for a week in Southern Utah at Duck Creek. We had an enjoyable time-riding on ATV's, hiking, rock hunting etc.
Over the 24th of July Kristy and Robert teamed and cooked a 'Mexican Fiesta' feast. It was impressive. Tamales, enchelottas, margaritas-the works. The kids all came and everyone was full and happy.
The next two days were all about the choir and the Pioneer celebration. Guest artists were the Osmond family. I totally enjoyed the whole weekend. I think Robert did also. He had more contact with the family than I. Being backstage has some good perks.
August 1 was my birthday. To some it would appear a very lame day. To me it was a peaceful, pleasant day. Kristy surprised me with a home made birthday cake. Then Jill and her kids and Sarah and her kids joined Kristy in wishing me a happy birthday and enjoying the cake and ice cream. Rob and I had a quiet day. He has given me the go ahead to order an update to photoshop. I am very excited about that!
Then yesterday my girls took me out to Aristo's for lunch. I loved the company as well as the food.
Now you can see that I haven't changed the world, but, I have had a summer that I have enjoyed. Soon it will be time to start school again and life will be crazy again. I plan to treasure these last few non stress days!!!

3 comments:

Jillo said...

Welcome back, mom! Glad to see you again.
We have had a great summer with you so far, and more to come. (ahem...DISNEYLAND!!!!!)
The worst part of school starting again is you go back to work. It gets a little lonely without you.

Ryan's Repository said...

That's a great picture of good ole' Sam. Doesn't he need a playmate? I have just the friend for him.

Carolyn said...

Hey, Happy Birthday! That's how I like to celebrate mine too, in peace and quiet. My favorite part from watching the pioneer celebration was spotting you on the tv. Love ya.