Wednesday, April 2, 2008

What are the chances!

What are the chances that I would be injured by a closing door? I was walking throught the tunnels at the conference center-when all of a sudden the automatic door closed on my head! I am not kidding. A bump rose the size of a golf ball. I looked just like this picture. One of the choir Docs told me to watch it closely and to ice it when I got home.
Today the swelling is down. I have a whopper of a headache and a pretty bruise. Lucky for me my hair covers it up. I wish I weren't so lucky to find bad stuff. Sigh.....

4 comments:

Sarah E said...

Ah-ha. That must be where I got it from! The most unlikely things are always happening to me too. An automatic door? Aren't they supposed to have sensors?

Glenna Roundy said...

no sensors, no beeps. This isn't the first injury that I know of. Those things are very heavy and have sharp edges. The edge found my head! Now I have a whopper of a head ache.

Jillo said...

Mom, only you.

Ryan's Repository said...

That is unfortunate. Lucky for us nothing keeps you down. I do think; however, that you should get even with that door. One of Robert's power tools might do the trick.